We have added a new box keel option for the Redwing 26. This can be an easy add on to the flat bottom version, inboard or outboard. Box keels are very popular on serious long distance passage makers for a good reason. Benefits of the box keel include:
All of these great features provide more comfort, safety and fun at little added cost. You will find much more capability for the dollar.
- Reduces bow slamming, better than a shallow Vee,
- Dampens roll motion for a more comfortable ride in a seaway,
- Tracks well for good course keeping,
- Protects for the propeller on inboard or outboard installations,
- Protects against bottom damage. Can be filled with foam in its entirety or just in the bow,
- May be used for battery, ballast or other storage,
- Reduces shaft angle for inboard engine installations,
- Easy and inexpensive to build as an add-on option to the easily build flat botom,
- No increase in draft for the inboard version and only slight increase for the outboard version when the motor is tilted up.